Fr. Anastasio (Padre Tatyong) Nuñez del Corro
(25-Dec-1860 – 11-Dec-1948)
Son of Juan-Climaco del Corro of a mestizo Español family and Juana Nuñez, a mestiza Sangley from Cebu City;
Orphaned while still a child of his father, his mother remarried (a younger half-brother, Filomeno Silva, also became a priest); ordained priest 1884; coadjutor of San Nicolas, Barili, Baybay (Leyte); parish priest of Naga 1899; as parish priest of Carcar from 1901 until his death, the longest serving; Diocesan examinador sinodal and vicario foraneo; prime supporter of cultural movements in the town; and mover, as he established the St. Catherine’s School in 1923.
(page under construction)